1. Create an account on Twilio.com - you can sign up for free.
2. Insert Twilio account details into Live Agent configuration.
Then log into your agent panel, go to Configuration > Call > Call providers > Twilio (edit) and insert the Account SID and the Auth token you have got in the Twilio account, in the proper fields:
Finally save the changes. Your Live Agent is connected to Twilio and available to handle the phone calls now!
Incoming and outgoing calls with real phone numbers
If you want to receive the calls from an external phone numbers, you have to create a new number or integrate an existing one with Twilio. Go to your Twilio account, switch to the tab Programmable Voice->Phone Numbers, click the buy number link and follow the instructions.
During or after the setup of a new number in Twilio you will be asked to insert the request URL - insert the URL you can find in the field Request URL in your Live Agent under Configuration > Call > Call providers > Twilio.
- Incomming numbers can handle both incomming calls from your customers and can also be used to make outgoing calls.
- Outgoing numbers cannot be used to receive calls from your customers, these can be used only to call the customers.
- All calls are saved as tickets as other types of communication in LiveAgent and therefore can be searched through and it is also possible to save a recording of the call in the ticket.
PC to PC calls
Customers can easily initiate a phone call from your website directly! What you need to do is to set up a call us button and add it to your website. Here is the guide for setting up the Call Us buttons.